Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Management Skills -IIM Guys.

Very often I find that companies run after IIM guys and pay with extra-ordinary amount and bring into the organization with the hope that they would make the organization better. I am not sure if this is the right approach.

What it takes to deliver successfully?
Some say hard work, commitment, focus, initiative. In my opinion , Motivation is the only factor that can make the real difference.

I have seen in places where IIM guys lead and still every thing remains unorganized. But I have seen excellent demonstration of management skills by non-IIM guys. The best example is jothi Narayan one of my bunks party members. ( I leave it to you find an Example for an IIM guy
who is poorly managing his team. You need not search for long. I am sure there would be one in your company as well).

If enough motivation is there then delivery will be successful.That said, this is not to IIM guys are not required. What one company should look at is the motivation level of a candidate and if he is from IIM or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely agreed. IIM most of the times are not worth what their paid for. You can increase productivity by recuriting 20 +2 guys.